Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Veggies on a Stick

Colorful AND Tasty- can't beat that!
Veggies on a stick
Don't make me sick
Or make my heart go 2-4-6
They really are tasty
And look so clean 
I bet you could find one in a magazine
GIRLS, GIRLS
Wanna have fun
Here comes Suzie with an extra long one
She can grill it, eat it, & get that veggie fix
But I bet you $50 that she can't do this...
Close her eyes and count to ten 
If she messes up, she's a big fat hen!

Were you singing along to that slightly altered elementary school rhyme?  I sure hope so!  That's the kind of joy that veggies on a stick bring in the food world.  The colors can brighten up any mood and/or food dish!  

And what's even better than that? They are super easy!  For these, we cut up zucchini, squash, and 3 different colored bell peppers.  Can't forget the baby tomatoes either- those are my favorite!

I have to credit Matt for the seasonings- he drizzled olive oil over the skewers and sprinkled them with garlic herb seasoning and creole seasoning.  You can choose whichever seasoning you like or keep them plain.  They don't take too long on the grill either, but if you are grilling any meat I would recommend putting the veggies on first.  They do take longer than the meat.  We kept them on about 20 minutes and the veggies were soft (my ideal).  

What veggies would you put on your skewer?

Eat well,
Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment