Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Challenge Scoop: 10 Days In...

My blog posts about the 24 day challenge journey with Advocare continue... since the last one was super long, I am giving you the short and sweet. The good and the not so good.  Enjoy!

10 Days In...
5 Things I Love About This Challenge:

1.   I have more energy.  Not sure whether to credit the Spark alone for this or the cleanse in general, but I really feel like I have more energy and mental clarity.  Two great things for a busy body like me.

2.   I am getting regular Omega 3's.  I really don't eat much fish so need omega 3's through supplement form.  This challenge emphasizes omega 3's with the Omegaplex once per day so I feel good getting plenty through this challenge.

3.   My cravings have decreased.  I have had sugar one time- this past Sunday.  And it was mainly because ice cream sounded REALLY good after a long day outside.  I went from having sugar daily to once per week.  Crazy cool!

4.   I do not have to restrict or deprive myself of a certain food group.  I do not advocate restriction and that is what I love about this version of a cleanse.  I do eat healthy on a regular basis so have not had to change up my eating habits much.  However, I do think it could help someone get a kick-start on eating healthy too. 

5.   Spark.  I know I mentioned this before, but Spark is helping me get through morning runs.  I love it and will keep this habit up even after the challenge is over.  I recently tried Watermelon too- yum!

3 Things I Don't Care For About This Challenge:

1.   All the extra vitamins create bright yellow urine.  Too much information?  Possibly.  But you know it has happened to you too.  It's the water soluble vitamins.  Nothing harmful about this necessarily, but having urine the color of a highlighter is weird.

2.   The fiber drink.  Matt thinks my fiber drink looks like a termite's nest.  I have to say that tomorrow is my official last day with the fiber drink and I am happy about that.  It's not the worst thing I have ever tried, but it isn't my favorite either.

3.    Monster pills.  The cleanse pills are huge.  I am already done taking them, but they were huge. 

Other things to note:

I am done with the "Cleanse" phase today.  Stay tuned about this next phase!  I will be going on a trip this weekend so may have some obstacles, but will keep it up. 

My workouts during this challenge consist of running (following my 10K training plan) 3 days per week and cross training another 2-3 days.  I try to incorporate 2 Pure Barre classes if I can as part of the cross training.  If I can't make it to a class, I "take" a class at home.

My sleep has been whack the past few days (and possibly a week or so).  I am going to experiment and see if the challenge has something to do with this or if it is something else.  Will let you know what I come up with!

Eat well,
Bri




No comments:

Post a Comment