Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Fast & Frozen

Love me some evol.
I rarely can say that I love a good frozen meal.  However, these days I need something quick and easy for when I am in the office or whenever I have to rush from one thing to the next.  Let's face it- we live in a fast paced world.

So what to do when you need a frozen meal?  Check out evol.  It's tasty and all the ingredients are easy to pronounce.  I found this brand at Target, but I am sure other stores have it as well.  Or having no luck?  No worries. Just remember a few things:

  1. Frozen meals are usually high in sodium and are going to have many more ingredients than cooking yourself so don't get stuck in the rut of using these multiple times per day.  I would recommend no more than 3 meals per week, but if your schedule is packed to the nines then frozen meals are still better than Big Macs.
  2. Pick a frozen meal where you recognize the majority of the ingredients.  Bonus points if you recognize them all!
  3. Niiiiiiice ingredients!
  4. Fill up with protein.  Pick one with at least 10g of protein, preferably even more.  The meal in the picture had 20g of protein, which is perfect. 
A lot females need more iron.  This particular meal I had (Fire Grilled Steak) provides 25% of your daily intake of iron. It is also relatively high in fat, but low in saturated fat.  That's the fat I look for.  If an item is high in saturated fat or trans fat, I try to stay away for the most part.

Got a frozen meal you love?

Eat well,
Bri


No comments:

Post a Comment