Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Breakfast at Starbucks

Breakfast at Starbucks!
I used to teach 6am Pure Barre classes every other week.  I am a morning person sometimes, but definitely not when I have to wake up at 5am.  Sleep to me is what confetti cake is to a 3 yr old birthday boy.  I take as much as I need & I savor it!  So, to make up for the early morning and less than desired sleep, I would make a trip to Starbucks.  There happens to be one just down the street from the studio.  Starbucks market researchers- good job on that one!

Did you know that Starbucks has some tasty breakfast options?  I have two favorites that I get whenever I need something quick and do not have time to eat at home before heading out the door.  One is the Turkey bacon, Egg white, Cheddar on an English Muffin and another is the Steel Cut Oatmeal.  Not that you have to count calories, but they are both under 350 calories too!

Now, the trick with places like Starbucks is not falling into the sugar drink trap.  Make sure your favorite drink there is not overloaded with calories and sugar.  Try it skinny or find another favorite drink.  There are lots of options and plenty are fine for the waistline. My favorite?  Hot tea... duh!

I have to mention something else because my brother and I talked about this recently.  I know Starbucks stores are everywhere and it is hard for the smaller coffee/tea companies to build a biz.  If you have a favorite small biz, by all means support it.  I personally try to support both- I love that I can find a Starbucks anytime I want a hot tea, but I also love the vibe of a local coffee/tea place. 

Eat well,
Bri



No comments:

Post a Comment