Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Nutty Bites: Kombucha

Kombucha

Kombucha... could be the title of a meditation song or yoga pose, don't you think? Well, it's not.  It is actually a fermented drink that some say provides health benefits & medicinal properties.  I chose it as a "nutty bite" because it is fun to say, was recommended to me, AND has been around for centuries!!  In fact, the first recorded use of kombucha dates back to 221 BC during the Tsin Dynasty.

I am trying it for the first time.  I am skeptical.  Taste means A LOT to me.  I mean, I love all things health, but if food tastes like a cardboard box or I feel like I am drinking chopped up grass right out of the ground I just can't stomach it.  Eating healthy is about blending taste and nutrition!  So anyway, back to the first sip.  I try it.  Wow, I actually can dig this.  It tastes like flavored champagne.  And truth be told, I do love champagne!  Mine has a fun name too-  Cosmic Cranberry. 

So what exactly is beneficial about this stuff?  Well, straight from my bottle to yours... "With a unique blend of proprietary probiotics and powerful antioxidants, each bottle is designed to nourish your body from the inside out."  It has many B vitamins & folate in it as well.  

The ingredients list of the Synergy brand I am drinking made me laugh.  I love it when a company writes whatever the heck they want on their bottle.  Ingredients: 95% GT's organic raw kombucha, pure unsweetened cranberry juice, and 100% pure love!!!  Giving me 100% pure love for my $3.19?  I think I will take it.  This world could use a little more love, that's for sure.

So, one word of caution.  If you are weary about having little particles floating around in your drink, this may not be for you.  This is a raw food so strands of the culture may appear.  It doesn't bother me any, but I know we all have our quirks!

Probiotics, antioxidants, B vitamins, folate, & pure love.  Give it a try... it won't hurt you!  If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult with your doctor beforehand.

And I really think yogi's should come up with a kombucha pose! Just sayin'!

Eat well,
Bri








No comments:

Post a Comment