Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Yummy Yasso!


The heat is cranked up in Texas.  In fact, forget the sauna.  Just go outside when you want to meditate, read a magazine, or sweat some toxins out.  It's amazing what Texas heat can do!

Most of us have childhood memories of eating a popsicle or ice cream cone in the summer.  Unfortunately, most popsicles and ice cream pops are full of sugar, chemicals, and such.  But, I found some that are not too shabby.  Ever heard of Yasso novelty bars?  At 80 calories a pop, these bars also have 6g of protein.  The protein comes from the greek yogurt used to make the bar.  They do have 13g of sugar, but since these are still considered a "treat" they are a healthier alternative to most other treats.

I have only tried one flavor- the mango.  I love the taste of mango so knew this would be a good flavor for me; however, there are plenty others:
  • Raspberry
  • Blueberry
  • Strawberry
  • Vanilla bean
  • Coconut
I found the Yasso novelty bars at Target, but they are available at other grocery stores too.  I think I spent $4 on a box of 4, which is higher than some, but comparable to others.  $1 for a treat isn't bad to me.  Find more about these treats here: http://www.yasso.com/ 

Have you tried a Yasso?

Eat well,
Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment