Wednesday, August 14, 2013

La Croix

How many of you absolutely love the taste of water and never want or need anything else to drink?  I am willing to bet that there aren't many.  Most of us get bored with water at certain times and need some flavor.  

I am not a huge fan of soft drinks or diet soft drinks.  If you can't live without these, have them every once in awhile (newsflash: once in awhile is not once per day).  Perhaps it is just the fizz or carbonation you crave?!  If so, you will love my latest drink obsession: La Croix.  

What do I love about La Croix?  Ohhhhhh let me tell you.  Here is what I love:

  • No calories (I like to eat my calories- not drink them)
  • Tasty (they come in so many different flavors!)
  • It's fun to say (make it even more fun by saying it with an accent)
  • Hydrating (it does count towards your daily water intake)
  • Soothing (what other drink makes you think of the island St. Croix?)
  • Natural flavoring (the flavors are essence oils extracted from the fruits... no artificial sweeteners here!)
So many great reasons to give this drink a try.  I will tell you this, I have a few favorite flavors, one I do not like much, and several others that I have not yet tried.  Here is my scoop:
  • Can't resist: lemon, pamplemousse, orange
  • Buy every so often: lime
  • Not going to buy again: Cran-raspberry
  • Haven't tried yet: peach-pear, coconut, pure, berry
Check La Croix out here: http://www.lacroixwater.com/product/varieties/  You can find these at most grocery stores.  Surprisingly, these are cheaper for me at Central Market than at Target, but you can find them at both places.  I have seen them at Kroger and Tom Thumb as well, but I didn't find as good of a flavor selection the last time I went.

Want to make your drink even more fun?  Try out this recipe I found on their website.  It's the La Croix skinny mojito:
  • 6 oz La Croix lime
  • 2 sprigs fresh mint
  • 3 wedges fresh lime
  • 4-6 pkts Organic Zero Sweetener (Whole Foods)
Squeeze fresh limes over mint leaves. Muddle mint, lime juice, and sweetener.  Add ice. Top with La Croix lime. Garnish with mint leaves and fresh lime. Recipe source: http://www.lacroixwater.com/product/recipes/

Drink well,
Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment