Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pour me!

This post is short and sweet, my friends.  Partially because I am not feeling well, but mostly because I know you are busy and like short & sweet posts from time to time.  Am I right? 

Anyway, so "pour me" because I feel like all I can stomach today is saltine crackers and because it is my clever way of introducing the topic of choice- salad dressings.  Ya know, the stuff you pour on your salads!

Most of you probably just grab and go, but I have always been stuck in a rut when looking for the right salad dressing.  It takes me for-ev-errrrrrr!  (Say it like Sandlot!)  It takes me longer to pick out salad dressing than it does to pick out my clothes in the morning.  Perhaps that's when you know you are a dietitian and not a fashion designer!

I tried a new one the other day and wow, did I find my salad dressing soul mate.  And... drum roll  please... it has my name.  Whoa! (Say it like Joey Lawrence in Blossom... and if you are too young to know, google it.)


Beautiful name, isn't it?! ;)
Anyway, what I like about this dressing is that it does not list sugar in the ingredients list and I can pronounce all of the ingredients in it.  Another one I like is Newman's Own Olive Oil & Vinegar, but of course this can be replicated on your own with...  yep, olive oil and vinegar.  What a concept!

There are plenty of recipes for healthy salad dressings too.  Anyone have a favorite??  Please share if so!!  Here is one I think looks yummy and I can't wait to try from Simple Bites:
No sugar in this bad boy!



Garlic Herb Vinaigrette

  • 1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
  • 1-2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • Pinch of sea salt & black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons fresh herbs
  • 1 1/2 cups olive oil
Combine all the ingredients except for the olive oil & stir well.  Add olive oil, cover tightly, and shake well.  Best to put in a glass jar or bottle!

Eat well,
Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment